Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

15.3.12

What's in my...Facial skincare regime: Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream

 Hello! A few posts back I asked people what they would like to see me post about and one suggestion was the things I use in my facial skincare regime. I quite like reading these sorts of posts as although product reviews are great, its really interesting to see the things that have stuck in people's routines. So I am dubbing this the first in the series of "What's in my...?" and today we will be looking at my skincare, in particular the Body Shop's Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream.



So firstly I should explain that I split my skincare into two sets - day and night. I do this because I look for different things during the daytime than at night. I like my daytime to focus on making my skin look clean, clear and glowing, whilst I use the nightime to focus on hydration and (very recently) anti-ageing. Alongside my day and night care, I have what I call the "in case of emergencies". So these are things that I have for when they are needed but don't get a regular use.



The vitamin e illuminating cream is part of my daycare routine, and retails at £10 a pot, which is about average for a high street moisturiser. The illuminating cream contains vitamin e which is super hydrating for the skin, and shea butter which is community fair trade. What I really like about this is the beautiful pinkish glow the cream has due to light reflecting particles that act as an illuminator. So if you love that fresh dewy glow this is great for that.




There are tons of illuminating primers in the shops at the moment, because it looks so great on the skin. What I really like about this one is it gives a really subtle glow that works so well as a foundation primer, without the adding hassle and cost of buying another product. I find sometimes that some illuminators are too much and just make me look shiny, but this moisturiser sinks into the skin very quickly and leaves no grease on the surface, so you don't look shiny.

I have previously used Benefits's That Gal face primer, which I found to be really nice but too pinky, so it just made my skin look weird. Plus the price tag really put me off.

If you pop into your local body shop they will give you a sample of this to try - if you use an illuminator already its worth giving it a go to see if it matches up!

2 comments:

  1. looks good!

    www.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to every one, the contents existing at this site are
    truly awesome for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.


    My blog post doctor reputation management

    ReplyDelete