Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

17.7.12

The Chap Olympiad 2012

The Chap Olympiad - A yearly event of vintage mixed with sporting events, run by the Chap Magazine. I will say it now - possibly the greatest event I have attended. I am already planning next years outfit!


The Chap Olympiad 2012 from twobytwo video on Vimeo.


The event takes place over two days - I went on the Sunday. Saturday was the busier day but Sunday was equally as fantastic.

This is a particularly image heavy post - apologies!



I'll start with what I wore. I love vintage styles but aparently most of my influence comes from the 50's and 60's - ideally I wanted a 30's to 40's look.  For my makeup I wore the classic black winged eyeliner and red lipstick - the lipstick I wore is celebrity red by Dior.


As for the hair - I generally tend to have volume on top rather than at the ends, so this was a new look for me. I went for the classic curled set hair, but after a lot of youtube tutorials and experimenting, hot rollers did not work for me. I used a 1 inch curling iron and curling pins, and a lot of John Frieda hairspray. I used several tutorials to create my look - this one, this one, and this one were my main influences. My hair isn't really cut for the 40's style so it's done its own thing. Please find my own post that gives much more detail on how I achieved my hair!

For some reason I don't actually have a full length photo of what I wore - but I wore a navy dress with white buttons, midi length. It's a little bit art deco so it's got influences from every era up to the 50's. I bought it off ebay and you can find it HERE. I popped a navy modesty panel underneath as it was a little too low to be true 40's style. The weather was also awful so I wore my beige mac that I got from Debenhams last year, teamed up with a cream structured bag from a charity shop. As for shoes? I originally bought some white open toes, but the rain was so bad I had to resort to some navy flats instead.






Lighting of the Olympic Pipe



Fleur, a regular at the Olympiad, being disqualified for wearing actual sportswear, and carted off by the nurses and deemed sober



Cuccumber Discus!




Three Legged Race


Mr B, the Gentleman Rhymer, performing on the day, check out his brilliant music:





John, over at Scientific Moustache, participating in the Tug of Hair & Shouting at Forgeiners


Tristan Langlois providing a witty commentary for the day's events.


A fantastic day all round - classic british humour! I highly recommend attending next year if you haven't been before!

What vintage events do you like attending?

No comments:

Post a Comment