Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

31.3.13

A Boots, TK Maxx and Yankee Candle Haul

I wasn't meaning to go shopping this month at all, I only wanted to pop into boots to grab a couple of things.. and then I was convinced to 'pop' into yankee candle, and Tk Maxx was right next to boots.. and then I spent a bit of money.

Let's do Tk Maxx First!


I really like the beauty section in Tk Maxx - I tend to only buy things with a red sticker though, as in my head, I can justify them as a bargain.

So the first item is Amara Deep Nourishing Treatment Intensive Weekly Re-hydration Complex for dry, damaged or coarse hair. I've never heard of Amara, but my hair isn't feeling so great after a huge dose of antibiotics and a heavy cold, so this really caught my eye. I like products that come in boxes - am I the only one? The RRP on this is £17.95 but I got it at my red sticker price for £3. Yes.


Then I bought Laidbare For Richer For Porer Pore Minimiser Facial Mask. I've never tried Laidbare before but I always see them in Tk Maxx. This mask is for oily/combination skin and contains rose water, liquorice and seaweed. The RRP is £7.99 but my red sticker said £4.00. I'm quite excited to try this one!

Lastly, this product isn't for me, and doesn't have a red sticker on it either. My mum's birthday is coming up next month so I've done a spot of early present buying, and she mentioned to me how she needed an eye cream, so I grabbed this. It's by Dermaglow and its called Cellular Repair Eye Treatment, and is one of those fancy eye treatment that claims to do many miraculous things to your skin such as reduce eye bags, increase skin elasticity and reduce dark circles. It had a whopping RRP of £26.60 but their price was £3.99. I bought her a lip treatment from the same brand at christmas and she really liked it, so hopefully she'll get on well with this one too.

So in Boots..


What a weirdly angled picture. Boots have their lovely 3 for 2 on at the moment so obviously I used this change to buy some goodies! Ages ago, I had a mini of the Umberto Giannini Pure Beauty Shampoo - and I really liked it, so I bought the big version. Its a gentle every day shampoo that  really cleans your hair but leaves it feeling lovely. It was £5.61 (odd price) but it came out as my first third item, so it was free. Yay!

I then stocked up on dry shampoo, and as mentioned in my latest empties post (HERE) I really liked the smell of the cherry one, so I repurchased it. It was my second third item so that was also free, but would of been £2.99. I also saw the big and bouncy XXL volume dry shampoo, and who doesn't want XXL volume on their hair? I'm going to give it a try. This one retails at £3.99.

My mum for ages was hinting to me about this Badedas Indulgent Bath Gelee, so this is another one of her birthday presents. I don't really know anything about this product apart from the fact  that it was £6.19 for 300ml. Also for my mother - an Essie nail polish. This is actually the first essie polish I've bought, and its not even for me! Its in the shade Fiji and it was £7.99.

I've been meaning to buy a new foundation as I've been using my Mac studio one for a while now, and its trashing my skin a little bit. I asked the bloggers on twitter and they said this was a good one - so I grabbed the Bourjois Healthy Mix - without serum. I got the shade 51 light vanilla, and it was £9.99. I will probably review it although it seems to be a very popular foundation already!

And lastly, my standard eyelashes - Ardell in 105, at £5.49 a pack. I will review these one day!

And now Yankee Candle..



At the outlet that I work at, we have a Yankee Candle outlet just across from my store. It's very dangerous, as I love yankee candle. They had a special offer on that if you spent £15, you got a free £15 goodie bag, and I was convinced to go in there by my friend Sophie. My sense of smell at the moment is, well, non existent, so Sophie had to be my nose and tell me what smelt good.


Pink Sands is my favourite scent from Yankee Candle, so I bought a diffuser in it. I've recently just used up my Primark diffuser in White Tea, which was lovely, and I'm planning to add one to a giveaway in the near future, so I thought I would try my favourite scent in a diffuser. It was £7.69 and comes in a super pretty little bottle.


I love samplers candles, they are just the best things ever. I grabbed the Red Velvet (£1.80), Winter Wonderland (90p), Christmas Cupcake (90p) and Vineyard (90p). I also got a small jar of Sugared Apple for £4.20.

And then I got these for free..


A sample size of Baby Powder, Bahama Breeze and a wax tart of vanilla cupcake.


These car fresheners in Lilac Blossoms (I don't own a car, but I'm going to put them in my drawers and wardrobe) and this travel spray in Mountain Lodge, which looks like quite a manly scent, so I may give that to a man. I love how everything is shaped in the yankee candle jar shape!

Spending...oops! Reviews of some products will be coming in time!
Have you tried any of these products? What have you been buying lately?

2 comments:

  1. I love christmas cupcake, i just want to eat the candle! I use the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and I love it!

    www.maisbryan.blogspot.co.uk

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it smells amazing! I've just started using the healthy mix - its not bad at all!

      Delete